- Massey Ferguson launch new 5S series the tractors
- The range consists of 5 models powered by AGCO Power 4.4 litre, 4-cylinder engines
- There is a choice of three levels of specification, Essential, Efficient and Exclusive
ARABLE farmers needing increased lift capacity on a new tractor will benefit from Massey Ferguson’s new 5S Series of tractors just launched.
Five new models each with AGCO Power 4.4 litre, four cylinder engines make up the new 5S Series ranging in horsepower from 105hp to 145hp. Numerically the models are: MF 5S.105, MF 5S.115, MF 5S.125, MF 5S.135, MF 5S.145, with the last three numbers referring to the power of that model.
There is a choice of three levels of specification, Essential, Efficient and Exclusive, plus a range of options including outstanding control from the latest state-of-the-art, easy to use Smart Farming technology.
Massey Ferguson say this latest series has the ‘best in class’ visibility and ‘industry-leading’ 4m turning radius, have the narrowest steep-nosed bonnet and are supreme loader tractors.
However, it’s their increased payload and higher linkage capacity that arable farmers will want to utilise.
With its compact dimensions, 2.55m wheelbase, superb visibility, high hydraulic flow and control, the MF 5S can be supplied loader ready, or now come equipped with a factory-fitted loader from the Massey Ferguson MF FL Series.
For arable and mixed farming operations MF 5S tractors offer a host of output enhancing features. Rear linkage lift capacity is increased to 5,700kg across the range, and up to 6,000kg in some specific circumstances.
Also, the new, stronger front linkage capacity is increased from 2,500kg to 3,000kg. Coupled with a higher 9,500kg Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW), this allows the tractors to safely handle wider implements to improve work rates.
Also, boosted with the latest Smart Farming technology further improves output and efficiency with easy to use precision farming features, including MF Connect telemetry, MF Guide auto-steering, MF Section Control and MF Rate Control.
All five MF 5S Series tractors are available with the choice of Essential, Efficient or Exclusive specifications. Typical equipment variations include hydraulic pump output, spool valve control, AutoDrive, joystick controls and cab suspension.
Exclusive models are ‘fully loaded’ including, among other options, 110 litre/min hydraulics with up to eight electric spool valves, hydraulic joystick, Multipad control, AutoDrive transmission, auto air-con, cab suspension, Superluxe air suspended seat and Datatronic 5 touch-screen terminal.
Efficient specification is similar, but has two electric and two mechanical spools at the rear, standard air-con and an air-suspended seat, while the Datatronic 5 terminal becomes an option.
Essential models switch to using a T-lever gear control in place of the Multipad, with the hydraulic joystick an option and AutoDrive replaced by Speedmatching on the Dyna-4 transmission. It has a 58 litre/min hydraulic pump and two rear mechanical spool valves, up to four as an option.
When it comes to gears, all MF 5S Series tractors are available with a choice of Massey Ferguson’s 16×16 speed, Dyna-4 or 24×24 Dyna-6, semi-powershift transmissions. Highly efficient and easy to use, both come with the useful Brake-to-Neutral function.
Francesco Murro, director marketing Massey Ferguson Europe & Middle East, said: “The versatile MF 5S Series combine high performance, comfort and agility with best in class visibility and special features that make them the ultimate loader tractors.
“True multi-purpose tractors, the MF 5S Series offers the right choice of power and specifications to suit all applications. Building on the success of the MF 5700 S Series, these modern tractors deliver straightforward operation and enhanced features with low ownership costs.
“The MF 5S blends together the compact dimensions required by livestock and mixed farmers with the performance and power needed for arable work,” he said.
MF 5S Series features:
• Straightforward choice of three specifications – Essential, Efficient and Exclusive to meet all requirements and different applications. Further options tailor tractors to specific needs
• A new factory-fitted loader specification includes a wide range of features to enhance ease of fitting, operation and control
• Industry-leading visibility and manoeuvrability
• Quiet, cooler cab improves operator comfort, with new ergonomic armrest and controls and suspension options
• Latest AGCO Power 4.4 litre, four cylinder engine meets Stage V emissions regulations with straightforward ‘All-In-One’ technology designed for the life of the tractor. Optimised airflow improves cooling along with a new reversible fan option
• Choice of renowned Dyna-4 or Dyna-6 transmissions with standard Brake-to-Neutral functions and Speedmatching or AutoDrive automatic changing options
• New, higher capacity suspended front axle design
• Stronger three-point linkage provides 5,700kg lift capacity across the range, while the optional front linkage handles up to 3,000kg. Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) increased to 9,500kg
• New intuitive Datatronic 5 and Fieldstar 5 touch-screen terminals with Smart Farming technology helps optimise operations and improve accuracy and profit